Search This Blog

Saturday, June 30, 2012

Off the Wall thoughts


Man, I went into Zip Trip yesterday and said, “I guess I won’t be having my usual Route 66 oz. diet Dr. Dunder today.”  And the clerk said, “Okay, that will be $1.18 for the tax of not purchasing.”  Rats! I didn’t know that soda pop was part of Obamacare.  Michelle must have slipped it in.  I did see that my church denomination, LCMS, came out with a strong opposition to the Supreme Court decision, since Obamacare includes abortion funding.  Well, there goes the election for Obama!  When you lose the mild-mannered-to-a-fault Lutherans, you’ve lost for sure.  I can’t imagine a worse Lutheran blunder, unless perhaps he would drive up the price of coffee. 



So it’s a tax, eh?  $4.2 trillion worth of tax in the next ten years.  $2800 per family per year. Not to worry.  We’ll save that much by cutting costs.  The Federal Government is really adept at cutting costs, as you are aware.  But this time they intend to have the IPAP Death Panels which can refuse certain treatments for all us old buzzards. And everybody under $30,000 income (slightly less than the OK median family income) is assigned to Medicaid which is like short shrift treatment.  Plus, they intend to add those other 20 hidden taxes.  My favorite  among them is the “Black Liquor Tax”.  No it’s not a tax on Black Russian or 40-ouncers (Danny told me those were his downfall before he got his life back together in rehab.).  No, it’s a tax on bio fuels. (Hunh? I thought we were subsidizing these. The good Lord giveth and Uncle Sam taketh away.)  Another fav is the medicine cabinet tax which will double all those over-the-counter things you keep in your medicine cabinet.  How do they assess these taxes?  Like the tanning tax, do they go around and hold up a skin color card against you?  All I have to say about this tax interpretation of John Roberts is that I am sOOOOOO glad I am not his campaign  manager for anything.  He couldn’t win dog catcher right now.



Speaking of assessing people, how about that Supreme Court decision on the AZ immigration law followed by Obama saying we weren’t going to do any illegal immigration proceedings against anyone under 30 who came to USA under age 16 without knowing they were illegal.  Here’s my question: How do you know when someone came?  Do you make them get out the old family photo album? “Oh here’s those wonderful old pictures of our exodus! My uncle having a drink of water under a mesquite bush. He was really sweaty.  And here’s where we all posed with the coyote next to the WELCOME TO THE UNITED STATES sign.”  I mean, how do you prove when someone came as a minor?  Doesn’t this mean in practice that anybody under 30 gets a pass?  And who do the drug cartels employ?  Old guys with gray hair or young guys under 30 who can shoot a gun and win a knife fight?  Okay, so we are letting the cartels come in freely.



I was so insulted when the Democrats stormed out of the Capitol at the Contempt vote.  They said the Republicans were having a witch hunt.  Now that is simply going too far!  The Republicans have long ago found the witch and she holds the San Francisco Congressional seat.  Don’t tell me we are looking for a witch.  We know her and know exactly where she is.



Finally that Federal Appeals court ruled that the EPA could start to restrict carbon dioxide emissions without any Congressional Act. So now the coal industry is indeed dead. Some guy from West Virginia got way radical and said we needed to impeach, try, and hang the Prez.  I guess he wanted to restrict Obama’s carbon dioxide emissions to zero.  Now that’s too radical for me.  I think we should just tax him and Clinton for inhaling.

No comments:

Post a Comment